Friday 24 April 2015

Entrance, hallways, stairs and landings...

These pictures were taken not long after we'd had our offer accepted. The developer was happy for me to come and go, to take pictures, measure up and just have a little wander, there was one condition; I didn't get in any of his trades way...

It was so exciting, even with all of the different trades working away in the house I could always find somewhere to be by myself, then I would set to work holding up many of my paint and wallpaper samples on various locations of said room. From the off set I could see how each room would look and connect with one another. This was one of the most exciting part for me.

I knew what colour I wanted for the halls and landing, it's a huge space in the house with four flights of stairs and very large landing areas. I knew that I'd want to use a palette of muted tones in the rooms off this area so needed a strong colour that would hold its own. We had the stair banisters and railings painted white and the walls Farrow and Ball Hardwick White; a stunning off white which looks like the most beautiful earthy green.




View from ground hallway; 1st flight of stairs



View from 1st floor landing; looking down on the left is the
2nd flight of stairs and the right the 3rd. Photo is blurry as I'd
already got in one of the trades way!


View from bottom of 4th flight of stairs, looking up
on to the top floor landing area. 


Top floor landing area.

No comments:

Post a Comment